Will Power

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Van Gaal's Verdict On Cup Win Over Derby


Louis van Gaal has praised the performance of his Manchester United players following Friday night's comfortable 3-1 win over Derby County in the Emirates FA Cup fourth round. Here are the main points from the manager's post-match interview with MUTV...

ON THE RESULT AND PERFORMANCE
“I am very happy. The performance was also very good and I said that at half-time; that we can continue with the way we had played in the first half. We gave a goal away and it was by ourselves again, but I liked the performance in the first half, it had a lot of confidence and that is back which is very important. The second half was even better, we created a lot of chances and we scored goals. But also we created more chances to score more goals. I am a very happy coach.”

ON THE SUPERB PERFORMANCE OF ANTHONY MARTIAL
“He started not so good, I think, but I said that to him and after the first 20 minutes he came into the match and he was fabulous. I am very happy that he is a Manchester United player because I think he shall be a great player for Manchester United for a long time.”

DID UNITED PLAY WITH MORE FREEDOM?
“I have to say Derby County in the second half were pressing forward more. When we beat that pressure then there was more space and that was also the reason why we scored two goals.”

A CATALYST FOR MORE WINS?
“We have won almost every game in 2016 - against Southampton we lost and that was because of the lack of confidence. We played at home and the fans were supporting us, so it [our performance] was a little bit ridiculous. But that's how it was. Now the confidence is back, we dared to play again and in spite of the pressure of Derby County in the second half we met that pressure, we created chances and we scored fantastic goals I have to say. The second and third were fantastic combinations and fantastic finishes as well.”

DALEY BLIND’S GOAL
“It was unbelievable, but he sniffed the chance and that is why he can score. I also have to say that the youngsters did well too, so I cannot complain.”

PRAISE FOR THE FANS
“It is unbelievable and still they come to look to 'boring' Manchester United. It is fantastic – amazing!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home