Will Power

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Musonda Reveals Arsenal, Man. City & Man. United Interest

Chelsea youngster Charly Musonda has claimed he was targeted by Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United before joining Real Betis on-loan in January.

The 19-year-old midfielder, who is yet to make a senior appearance for Chelsea, is seen as one of the best prospects in the Blues' academy and played an important role in the club's 2014 FA Youth Cup and 2015 UEFA Youth League triumphs.

He was allowed to join Betis on-loan earlier this year and has since impressed in La Liga, scoring his first goal on his second start for the club in the 2-2 draw with Deportivo in February.

Musonda, who has already been capped by the Belgium U-21 team, has now revealed his performances in the Chelsea youth set-up attracted the interest of the Premier League's biggest clubs during the January transfer window.

"Nobody could know what [Jose] Mourinho had in mind for me," he told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad.

"It was simple: many English clubs wanted to buy me. Manchester United, City, Arsenal, but a loan was the only option for Chelsea.

"Only one thing matters to me - playing. Whether I return [to Chelsea] or not.

"There was interest from France, Netherlands. My ex-coach Yannick Ferrera, who I speak to a lot, wanted me at Standard, but I did not want to return to Belgium. And in the end I joined Betis."

Musonda signed a contract extension with Chelsea in March 2015 and he is currently committed to the club until the summer of 2019.

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home