Will Power

Friday, April 22, 2016

Blind All Set For Semi-final

Daley Blind has been one of Manchester United's most consistent performers this season and he will once again need to be on top form when he faces Everton's Romelu Lukaku on Saturday at Wembley. The Dutchman captained the Netherlands to victory over England at the famous stadium last month and, as he told MUTV, he'd love another winning experience there this weekend...

Playing at Wembley
"I have played there once against England and won so I’ve never lost at Wembley [laughs]. It was a big night for us [the Netherlands]. The pitch is really big and the stadium is massive and it was a great experience. As a player you want to play there and show what you’ve got. We have to show we want to win and get to the FA Cup final."

Keeping Lukaku quiet
"I was happy with my performance of course [in the recent Everton match at Old Trafford]. Romelu Lukaku is one of the best strikers in the Premier League at the moment, he’s a great talent who scores a lot of goals. I was very happy with my performance and the result but I didn’t do it alone, it was a great team performance and an important win."

United's FA Cup history
"It’s been mentioned a lot to me that this is what you go out to achieve if you want to play for United – you want to play for trophies and winning things. I’m very proud we’re close but we’re not in the final yet so we have still have work to do."

Personal form
"I am pleased with my season. I have played consistently and that’s what I want, I always want to reach a certain level for myself. I have learned a lot this season as a centre-back and I think that has helped make me a better player overall. I’m happy it’s going well this season. The manager has put his trust in me and I also feel that from my team-mates so I can be happy."

United's youngsters
"There was a point where we had a lot of injuries and they had to come in. As youngsters you always give everything and doing your utmost best maybe that gave us something extra in some games. If you look at them now they’re doing a great job for the team and they are great guys. It’s great to see them doing well and helping us."

The rise of Tim Fosu-Mensah
"Tim is a big talent and also from Holland so I talk a lot to him. We were at the same youth academy [Ajax] and that will help him even more. I’m very happy that he’s doing so well. He gives everything in every game and there is a lot to come from him. He needs to keep going now and stay strong and we will help. I’m really pleased for him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home