Will Power

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Happy Signing Anniversary, Ander Herrera

ManUtd.com announced the signing of Ander Herrera from Athletic Club in Bilbao two years ago today (Sunday) and the Spanish midfielder has since proved to be popular with Manchester United fans - aided by his knack for scoring goals against the club's main rivals.

Herrera's nine Premier League strikes include three at the expense of Arsenal (2) and Liverpool and his overall tally of 13 so far, in 72 appearances, is spread across four different competitions. But the 26-year-old has also been a creator of scoring opportunities, with his pass for Anthony Martial's FA Cup semi-final winner being one of his best assists.

At the time of Herrera's signing, assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Ander is a fantastic young player, with great energy and creativity. We believe him to be one of the brightest young prospects in Spain and I am certain he will be a big hit with the United fans. I’m delighted he has made the decision to come to Manchester and play his part in the club’s future."

Herrera himself declared in the club's press release: "Signing for Manchester United is a dream come true. I have played at Old Trafford for Athletic Club in the UEFA Europa League and it was one of the highlights of my career so far. I have joined United to do all I can to help the team reach the club's objectives. I’m excited to now be living in Manchester and I can’t wait for my first game in United’s famous red shirt."

Credit: Manutd.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home