Will Power

Monday, October 24, 2016

Conte Denies 'Humiliating' Mourinho

Antonio Conte has denied he tried to humiliate Jose Mourinho by whipping up the crowd following Chelsea's fourth goal against Manchester United.

Mourinho angrily told Conte in Italian at full-time that he thought Conte's wild gesturing was "humiliating" at 4-0 down.

Italian media claim Mourinho said: "You don't celebrate like that at 4-0. You can do it at 1-0, otherwise it's humiliating for us."

But Conte insists he was simply trying to motivate a flat home crowd at Stamford Bridge that was quieter than the away support despite the scoreline.

"I was a football player, so I know how to behave on the pitch. I have great respect for everyone," Conte said.

"There were United fans who kept singing, while ours were in silence after a great performance from my team. I wanted to call the crowd to applaud the players, which seems normal enough to me.

"Nothing happened with Jose, especially as my behaviour seemed normal. I didn't make fun of anyone, as I always demand respect.

"If you want to cut the emotions, we can stay at home and I will change jobs. I did something absolutely normal. I didn't do anything to humiliate Mourinho."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home