Will Power

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Zlatan Not Giving Up On Title

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says Manchester United can not give up on their Premier League title hopes - even though he could be happier with their current position.

United go into Saturday's clash with Middlesbrough in sixth place, 13 points adrift of leaders Chelsea despite having only been beaten three times this season.

Ibrahimovic is enjoying his first season in English football, having scored 17 goals in all competitions since his summer arrival from Paris Saint-Germain, but that is still not good enough for one of football's perfectionists

"I'm happy, but I could be happier," Ibrahimovic said in an interview with ESPN.

Asked if United could still win the title, he added: "I think so...we had our moments where the results haven't been what they should have been after good performances, but we are still there and we have been closing the gap.

"So, hopefully, the other teams can do some mistakes and close the gap even more. We are working hard for it, believing in it, we are here to win.

"We have no excuses, we are here for what we are able to do and that's win a title."

Ibrahimovic grabbed his 50th club goal of 2016 in the 3-1 win over Sunderland on Boxing Day and two more on Saturday would see him pass Lionel Messi, who leads those standings with 51 for Barcelona.

But that does not appear to overly excite the flamboyant Swede, who added: "I talk with my feet, I don't get paid to talk with my mouth. I get paid to talk with my feet and that's exactly what I'm doing.

"I go into a season to do better than last season, because I know my last season was perfect, so I try to do it more than perfect and this is what I've been doing for the last 15 years. So what I'm doing now is nothing new, it's just another season in my story."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home