Will Power

Monday, January 30, 2017

Young Could Leave Before End Of The Month

Ashley Young could be allowed to leave Manchester United before the end of the January transfer window.

Manager Jose Mourinho confirmed at his post-match press conference, following the 4-0 win over Wigan Athletic, that the 31-year-old is the only first-team player who could depart, even though he would certainly prefer to keep hold of the versatile winger.

However, as was the case with Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay, who joined Everton and Lyon respectively, the boss has always stressed he will not be unfair to players who are understandably keen for more regular football.

"The only player I'm aware of, who could possibly leave, I'm waiting just for 31 January to know really what is going on, but the only player I'm waiting for a decision on is Ashley Young," said Mourinho.

"I would love to keep him. I'm not happy if he leaves but he's the only player I was informed that there would be a possibility of him leaving. That's why I didn't play him and I gave chances to other people.

"I don't know if he's going to stay with us. If I could choose, definitely yes, he would stay with us."

Young was an unused substitute during the Old Trafford encounter against Warren Joyce's Latics on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home