Will Power

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Ibra: My Special Day At Wembley

Zlatan Ibrahimovic walked through the Wembley Stadium mixed zone with the exact beaming smile you'd expect, after inspiring Manchester United to victory in the EFL Cup final against a determined and dangerous Southampton side.

The Swede struck twice during an enthralling 90 minutes, opening the scoring with a beauty of a free-kick, before delivering the decisive blow three minutes from time with a pinpoint header to send one end of Wembley delirious with delight.

Ibra spoke at length to the gathered media in the press area on Sunday, before taking further time to chat exclusively to ManUtd.com by the Wembley dressing rooms. Read what he said in the transcript below...

ZLATAN SPEAKS TO MANUTD.COM

"It feels good and I feel good. Winning trophies is always amazing but especially when you play at Wembley. A great atmosphere, 85,000 people... it’s not every week you play a final and you win it. This is the second time we are here, and the second trophy I get here with this club, so I am super happy.

"This is why I came. I came to win and I’m winning. This is what I said before I came, not like the other ones who use the situations when they win and they talk. I talk before and I do it, that’s the big difference.

"I think, with the manager, he’s used to winning. When you bring in a manager like this, you know what you get and, when you bring me, you know what you get.

"Every trophy is special, every trophy is important, this is what we play for. We don’t play for one trophy particularly, you have players that won one trophy – the World Cup, the Champions League… and then they didn’t won anything. You need to win every trophy you play for. That’s what I do.

"We have another three to play for. We work hard. We believe in what we are doing. Of course when you win a trophy, it gives you more confidence and the statistics speak for themselves - we could win five trophies, we have two and we have another three to play for. So let’s see what happens."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home