Will Power

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Sir Alex's Warning To Reunited 2008 Squad

Sir Alex Ferguson has issued a warning to his Manchester United 2008 XI squad ahead of Michael Carrick's testimonial match on Sunday 4 June.

The Scot has joked he will be assessing their fitness on the morning of the big charity game at Old Trafford and issuing fines if anybody is out of shape. In typical Ferguson fashion, he also boldly predicted his reunited team will beat Harry Redknapp's All-Star XI.

"I look forward to it," he told MUTV in an exclusive interview for the match. "I’ll see how many have got pot bellies and I’m going to fine them. As long as they don’t look at me!

"I’ve seen them all. Vida [Nemanja Vidic] came to a game earlier in the season and had lunch with me. He’s looking great. He’s taking his badges also, along with Michael, I think. Wayne [Rooney] is still playing, so there’s no problem with that and Rio Ferdinand looks good. I see him on TV all the time with that beard now and he’s looking fine.

"Wes Brown is still playing. Patrice [Evra] is still playing. [Ryan] Giggs and [Paul] Scholes are not long finished and they look after themselves. I’m sure they will be great. We’ll be all right. I think we’ll win."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home