Will Power

Monday, June 26, 2017

Mkhitaryan's Aims For The 2017/18 Season

Henrikh Mkhitaryan has spoken of his desire to win the UEFA Champions League in 2017/18 and stated a club like Manchester United belongs in European football’s top competition. 

The midfield Armenian discussed his ambitions for the forthcoming season during a Q&A session with followers of his official Facebook page, in which he also spoke about a determination to improve following a encouraging debut campaign that yielded 41 appearances, 11 goals and three trophies.

Here is a selection of questions from fans and Mkhitaryan's answers…

How do you feel going into the Champions League with United? Samsom Ajayi
The Champions League is where Manchester United belongs and we are all happy to be playing in this great competition again. For the new season we definitely want to fight for the title. For the Super Cup, it should be a fantastic game against Real Madrid!

What are your ambitions for next season? Neeraj Nair
I'd love to score more goals and give more assists... and help the team win as many trophies as possible. I will give my best!

How would you describe Jose Mourinho? Felix von Knorring
Jose is a winner. He works so hard to win every single game and to make sure that we are all ready to give 100%. He gives us emotion, and motivation. I have learned a lot from him and will continue to do so.

How does it feel to hear your chant from the stands? Cait LaMancunienne
I love it. It’s great that our fans made a song for me and it gives me a lot of motivation when I hear it in the stadium!

What was your favourite moment of last season? Wahb Dahak
Definitely lifting the UEFA Europa League trophy in Stockholm. We worked so hard to win this competition and it was truly special to be able to do it. Now we are really looking forward to being back in the UEFA Champions League.

What would it mean to win the Europa League Player of the Season award? Patrick Cuadrado
I was so happy to win the Europa League! It was always a target for us all season and to be able to score in the final and to lift the trophy in Stockholm was an amazing feeling. About the award, it would of course be an honour for any player to win it, but at the end what matters is the team.

Which goal did you like the most? Tran Thanh Phong
The scorpion goal was most beautiful, but the winning goal in the Europa League final was the most important one.

What tips can you give my son for playing football? Gary Middlebrook
My tip for success is honestly to believe in yourself whatever you do and work hard. Anything is possible in life if you are confident, positive and hard working.

Do you intend to develop a football academy in Armenia? Nune Marukyan
I’ve thought about it and would love to develop the idea in the future to teach my football philosophy to Armenian children.

Where do you see yourself in 15 years? Donna McMahan
I haven't thought about what I will do after my career, I still have many years left as a player.

You can follow Henrikh Mkhitaryan at www.facebook.com/HenrikhMkh.

Credit: Manutd.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home