Will Power

Monday, July 31, 2017

Herrera Feels Back To Full Fitness

Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera says he's back to full fitness after picking up an injury in America, and admits he's already thinking about the UEFA Super Cup clash with Real Madrid.

The Spaniard played for the second 45 minutes of the Reds' 3-0 pre-season win over Valerenga in Oslo on Sunday evening, and looked lively in midfield alongside goalscorer Scott McTominay.

Speaking to reporters after the game, Herrera said he's now ready to kick on again after making a speedy recovery, with just one match remaining on Tour 2017, presented by Aon, before the Super Cup match.

"I'm good," he said. "It was okay because [the knock] was not so painful, just a kick on my hip. The first two days I was really bad but now I’m better again and feel that I can play more than 45 minutes. I’m happy, but now we have to be ready for the UEFA Super Cup, which is another title to fight for.

"I know we have to improve in the Premier League, but we were the only team to win three pieces of silverware last season so we have to say that as well. In the Premier League we have to improve, we want to fight for the title, but we know it’s not going to be easy to repeat the three titles."

Asked about United's Norwegian opponents on Sunday, Ander added: "I think they are a good team. They have a lot of dynamic players, they move a lot and I don’t know their exact ages but they looked like a young team.

"They’re very active and very quick, so I think they all have a good future. Hopefully they have a good season, I wish them all the best."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home