Will Power

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Reaction To Reds' Win Over Palace

ManUtd.com has gathered a selection of post-match quotes following another resounding win for Manchester United.

The Reds hit four for the sixth time already this season as goals from Juan Mata, Marouane Fellaini (2) and Romelu Lukaku saw Jose Mourinho's men cruise to a 4-0 victory over struggling Crystal Palace at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Boss Mourinho, Juan Mata and Marouane Fellaini all spoke to MUTV after the game and we have summarised their key points below.

Jose Mourinho: "It's just four matches at home. In the same four matches last season, we picked up points, not 12. We are playing well, not for 90 minutes, as sometimes we have periods where we lose our consistency in what I call quality with high intensity, but it is difficult to do that for 90 minutes after a Champions League game. So, I’m happy that we start the season very strongly, respecting the opponents but not giving them the chance to be stable in the game. I am very happy with the points."

Juan Mata: "It was never in doubt, not at all. I suppose in the first half they had some good moments, they created some half-chances and they had five or six corners; they are very good in set-pieces. It obviously helps to score early and it was an important goal because, after the travel to Russia, some players were a bit tired so it’s important to get the early goal, which gives you more confidence. It was good for me [to score]. I’ve been lacking in some games, I’ve been trying to score my first goal of the season and I did today and I’m very happy. Hopefully this season, again, I can hit double figures."

Marouane Fellaini: "I think [the result] is good for the confidence, for the supporters and for us. I think we can do better but we have to keep going. To score an early goal is good. We kept playing, we created chances, we pressed and everyone did their job. I enjoyed scoring and when I score it’s always a bonus for me. I scored two today and it’s good for my confidence but the most important thing is the win and the three points."

MUTV's Paddy Crerand: "It was another terrific display by United. I thought the Moscow trip might have affected them to a certain degree but it hasn’t. The confidence must be sky high amongst the players at the present moment in time. I repeat myself but there is such good competition for places, lots of players fighting to get a place in the team and stay in the team. Another great performance by United."

View from the opposing dug-out – Roy Hodgson: "Manchester United were very quick to get behind the ball today. We tried to get back behind too; when we didn't, they made us pay with two goals. When Wilfried Zaha comes back, he will give us more potency, but today we didn’t have that threat in the final third and United have an enormous threat."

View from the fans – Nouri, from Sudan: "I’m happy. It was the result I was expecting; we’ve won 4-0 a few times this season, we’re doing this for fun now! Fellaini was Man of the Match but Matic impressed me; he’s controlled the midfield since the beginning of the season and Ashley Young put in a good shift on the left-hand side.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home