Will Power

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Young Predicting Tough Test On Return To Watford

Ashley Young is expecting a difficult night when Manchester United face his former club Watford on Tuesday night.

The United wing-back began his career at Vicarage Road and was with the Hornets for 11 years after joining the youth system as a 10-year-old.

Young eventually left for Aston Villa in 2007 but he retains fond memories of his time with the Hertfordshire club, who are eighth in the Premier League following consecutive victories against West Ham and Newcastle.

"Of course I love going back there. I was there from when I was 10 to 21," said Young.

"I still do know a few [there] and I've still got friends who work there. I talk to them now and again and see how things are going.

"It is where I plied my trade as a kid and I learned the game in my early years so it is always nice to go back there - but it will be even better if we go back there and get three points.

"It's going to be a tough game. The place has changed in the years since I left.

"They are doing well in the league so we know it is going to be another tough game."

United lost 3-1 at Vicarage Road last season and Jose Mourinho will be keen not to slip up this time as they look to keep in touch with league leaders and local rivals Manchester City.

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home