Will Power

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Nobody Is Up For The Derby More Than Jose

Jose Mourinho has spelled out how determined he is to win the Manchester derby with United on Sunday.

The manager spoke with real conviction on MUTV during his pre-match interview ahead of the clash with City and his desire for victory was never more evident. As somebody with such a winning mentality, Mourinho will be going all out for the three points in the undisputed game of the season so far.

The boss was asked whether the local lads in his side would make the derby extra special, and he replied: "I don't know. I was not born in Manchester, I was not born a Manchester United supporter but no way, no way any manager wants to win more than I want to.

"I think the professional side of our jobs, it's a feeling everybody has, wanting to win."

Mourinho understands how supporters feel around derby day, having had a wealth of experience of such occasions throughout his illustrious managerial career.

"I think every derby has some beauty, especially when you are happy to have a situation where opponents of both teams respect each other," he added. "And there are no problems in the streets.

"They accept that difference that we live in the same city but we support different colours. I think this is normally beautiful.

"I believe the next day, in school, the kids will have funny moments. I think adults, in their jobs, in their offices, in their factories, they will also enjoy the post-match because [that's how it is] to live together. Probably even brothers in the same house, under the same roof, they support different colours. I think it's nice if you take it in the right and a positive way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home