Will Power

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Smalling Hopes For More Goals In 2018

Chris Smalling has revealed he thinks he should score more goals in 2018, as he is managing to get in threatening positions when moving up from the back.

The central defender returned to the matchday squad for the New Year's Day win at Everton, when he was an unused substitute, after being injured in the closing stages of the 2-2 draw with Leicester City.

He has found the net this term, with a far-post header against Newcastle United, and was off target with another effort from a set-piece in that recent game against the Foxes.

"I am disappointed I haven't had more goals this season," he told United Review, the official matchday programme. "Especially with my friends often saying that I get one good chance in most games.

"So, really, I should have had at least four or five already. I need to make sure I do a bit better in the second half of the campaign in terms of goalscoring form because, as defenders, ours are crucial to add the team.

"I am getting in those positions," he explained. "I am often getting a chance a game now, so I think I will keep putting myself in there and, hopefully, help make an impact."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home