Will Power

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Pogba: it would be a 'pleasure' to play with Neymar

Paul Pogba says it would be a "pleasure" to play in the same team as Neymar, describing the Paris Saint-Germain star as having the "definition of happiness".

Manchester United midfielder Pogba also said he looks at players such as Manchester City rival Kevin De Bruyne in a bid to improve his game.

Pogba has struggled for form at Old Trafford in recent times, and on Friday France head coach Didier Deschamps said: "It's a situation he won't be enjoying."

Speaking to Argentinian television channel TyC Sports, Pogba said: "Yes, Neymar. I like him. He has the definition of happiness on the pitch.

"In Brazil, football is everything, it's life in Brazil. Everyone plays football. I love to see him on the pitch playing, with his technique and his ability. It's a different style.

"When you say the word 'Neymar' around the world, everyone knows who he is and what he does. Therefore if I could play with him one day, it would be a pleasure."

Pogba also revealed the players he looks up to, both when he was a youngster and now as one of the world's most recognisable footballers.

"When I was smaller I always looked up to Zinedine Zidane, Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo. I had videos of Maradona, Pele, Chris Waddle, Kaka - many players. I wanted to have all the virtues of those players.

"Now I look more at players like Andres Iniesta, Yaya Toure, Kevin De Bruyne and Luke Modric - who is a very strong midfielder player. I look at them to try to be better."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home