Will Power

Monday, April 30, 2018

Jose believes Fellaini will stay at United

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho believes United’s last-gasp matchwinner, Maraoune Fellaini, will sign a new contract and continue to be a Reds player next year.

United’s towering Belgian powered above the visiting rearguard to head home an injury-time winner against Arsenal in a 2-1 win at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.

Fellaini is out of contract at the end of the season, but boss Mourinho believes the 30-year-old is willing to commit his future to the club after months of speculation.

Jose told MUTV and reporters in the post match press conference: “I believe he will stay. He’s a good player and he can be used in many different circumstances, according to the nature of the game.

"That’s why we want him to stay and that’s why I believe that he is going to stay.

"The position is we are almost there. But, in football, almost is not enough. I think we are almost there but I can't celebrate because almost is not enough.

"I want to see the white paper with the United crest and I Mr Ed Woodward's signature and Maraoune's signature on it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home