Will Power

Monday, July 2, 2007

Hargreaves Completes Man Utd Move

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves has sealed his move from Bayern Munich to Manchester United.

The 26-year-old, who is believed to have cost about £17m, has signed a four-year deal with United.

"It has been a long time coming - it was probably the worst-kept secret in football," he told the club website.

"I think it's great to finally reach a positive conclusion. Especially after all the time and energy that has been put in from everyone involved."

Hargreaves praised Bayern following a decade with the German giants.

"I would never have thought that I would move to Germany," he said.

"I am very happy that Bayern gave me such an opportunity. I wish them all the best. The last 10 years were a dream."

The midfielder won four Bundesliga titles with the club as well as the 2001 Champions League and World Club Championship.

However, his final season with Bayern was plagued by injury and ended in disappointment as the Munich side finished fourth in the Bundesliga and missed out on Champions League qualification.

Hargreaves sat out four months of the season because of a broken leg and went on to play in only nine league games.

The England international said he was hoping his move to Old Trafford would provide him with more honours.

"I set lots of targets over the last decade and I have also fulfilled them. I expect that to continue," he added.

"A new era is starting for me now and I hope to achieve even more. I don't have any concrete aims but you have got to win everything at United."

Owen Hargreaves finally signs a four-year deal with Manchester United costing the club around £17m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home