Will Power

Saturday, November 24, 2007

O'Shea Signs New Deal

John O’Shea has signed a three-year extension to his current contract, which will see him stay at Old Trafford until June 2012.

The versatile Irishman made his United debut eight years ago as an 18-year-old and has been a regular first-team squad member since his breakthrough season of 2002/03.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “John has developed during his time here at the club and he is now regarded as one of the more experienced players.

"He has proved over the years through his personality and professionalism that he is an outstanding credit to Manchester United. I'm delighted he has signed a new contract."

O’Shea was equally upbeat after putting pen to paper, adding: “I'm really pleased to be extending my contract with the champions. I've been at Old Trafford since I was 17 and it's a dream come true to play for such a great club.

"I hope to play my part in bringing more trophies to the club and to continue the success with this young, exciting team. I'd also like to thank the boss, the staff and the fans for their continued support.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home