Will Power

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sir Alex Wins Manager Of The Year Award

Sir Alex Ferguson's tenth Premier League title has been recognised by the League Managers' Association, who have voted him Manager of the Year.

The Scot scooped the top award from his peers for the second time at Monday evening's awards ceremony in Nottingham, having previously won it in 1999.

"I'm very proud to receive it," said a beaming Sir Alex.

"It is a tremendous honour that my fellow managers should deem me worthy of this award.

"Having cemented United's position at the top of the pile in England, Sir Alex is now confident that his bubbling players can rule Europe by overcoming Chelsea in next week's Champions League final.

"The mood generated by the win puts us in a very confident position," he said.

"I expect my players to have the ability and confidence to play on the biggest stage in the world; of that I have absolutely no doubt."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home