Will Power

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saha Vows To Prove Fitness

Louis Saha is determined to stay and fight for his place after another injury-disrupted campaign at United.

The striker made just 24 appearances last term and was forced to withdraw from the Reds’ Champions League final squad at the 11th hour with a calf problem.

It was another frustrating end to the season for the Frenchman, who has suffered a series of injury setbacks since arriving from Fulham in January 2004.

Reports have linked Saha with a summer move away from Old Trafford, but the 29-year-old insists that proving his fitness to Sir Alex Ferguson is his sole priority.

"I am under contract at Manchester until 2010," he told France Football. "Furthermore, the coach has not said anything to me yet, either about a transfer or a loan.

"I don't hide anything. I will say it again: I have to play before thinking about anything else. I will predict nothing before knowing what will happen for me.

"I am a football player and I have not been able to play. Today, only the pitch matters to me.

"I have worked all summer long. There are facilities close to my home so I have worked with a specific programme. I know what I want – to be fit for the start of the season."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home