Will Power

Monday, July 21, 2008

Park Vows To Stay Injury-free

Ji-sung Park has set his sights on an extended and injury-free spell in the first team next season.
The Korean winger's three-year United career has been punctuated by a series of injuries and he missed the first half of last season with cartilage damage.


That knee injury has resurfaced over pre-season, ending any chance of Park representing his country at this summer's Olympic Games or joining the Reds' trip to South Africa.

The 27-year-old returned to the UK from his homeland on Sunday and will have his knee assessed by medical staff at Carrington, although he is confident next season will be his most productive yet in a red shirt.

He told ManUtd.kr: "I've had a good rest and I trained on my own in Korea, but I will have my knee checked by the club. My training schedule will be decided after that."

"Each season there are many chances for me at United and I am trying to take those chances and perform on the pitch. I've always tried to do that, but it has been hard because I've picked up an injury every season.

"So my aim for next season is to stay injury-free for the whole campaign, then I can show what I am capable of on the pitch."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home