Will Power

Friday, November 28, 2008

Fans Ask, Evra Answers

MUTV gave Reds followers the chance to put their questions to Patrice Evra recently. Here are the French defender's answers...

What made you want to join United in January 2006? Saijd, Wembley
I followed United when I was in France because I was a fan of Eric Cantona's. I came over to watch a game [before I signed] and I remember looking round and thinking 'wow, there are 76,000 people here!' I knew it wouldn't be easy and I couldn't believe how quick the game was when I played my first match against Manchester City. I knew I had to work harder and the experience of that first game helped me to do that.

You recently met Maradona. What was that like and who, in your opinion, is the best player ever to have played the game? JP, Ireland
Of course, Pele was a great player, but for me Maradona is the best. I first met him four years ago at the Monaco Grand Prix and we had a little chat. Ever since then I've always shown the photo of me and him together to people and told the lads I knew him, although I don't think they believed me! But when he came to Carrington recently, he came over and said to me 'How are you, my brother?' I was so pleased he remembered me!

What has been the greatest achievement of your career so far? Alexandra, Plymouth
My greatest achievement is simply to be playing for Manchester United. When you play for a club like this it shows that you have a big character and that you work hard every day - you have to because everyone wants to play here.

Other than Old Trafford, what's the best stadium you've ever played in? Yasmin, Manchester
I'd have to say Celtic Park. It was an unbelievable atmosphere when we played there.

If you could be an movie character from any film, who would you be and why? Brian, Salford[Laughs] Can I choose an actor rather than a character? Denzil Washington - he's a very intelligent actor. He makes great action movies and I always enjoy watching him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home