Will Power

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Q & A With Fletcher

What have you learned from playing alongside Paul Scholes?
I learn something from Scholesy every day in training and I still think he's the best midfielder in the Premier League. His range of passing, his touch, his vision and his control are just fantastic. I also admire the way he conducts himself off the pitch; he keeps a low profile and is very much a family man.

Did you have any hestitation when you were offered a new contract?
Not at all. To know that you're wanted at Manchester United by the club and the manager for another few years is a great feeling. It's the best place to play football and as long as you're getting your fair share of games and feeling as if you're playing your part, then it's great.

How do you relax away from football?
I just spend as much time as I can with my family and friends and generally try and get as much rest as possible. We have a very hectic schedule at United with mid-week and weekend games so everything you do is geared towards getting yourself prepared for each match.

What music do you like to listen to?
It used to be mainly hardcore hip-hop, but as I'm getting older I'm starting to get into indie a bit more and I also like listening to a few Irish bands too. My music taste is starting to become a bit more of a mixture.

Was there a particular player that you modelled your game on when you were younger?
Fernando Redondo. I remember watching the World Cup in 1994 when he played centre midfield for Argentina and he was just unbelievable. He had a great tournament and from there I followed his career at Real Madrid and I always admired the way he played.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home