Will Power

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Anderson Interview

Injury may be keeping him on the sidelines, but very little gets our bubbly Brazilian midfield magician down, as we found out when we spoke to Anderson recently…

You said it was “a dream come true” to join United. Enjoyed the last 18 months?
I’m still living the dream. It hasn’t ended yet, and I don’t want it to! I love playing here and I want to achieve a lot more for United. I want to win a lot of trophies.

We saw you dancing when the team collected trophies in Wigan and Moscow last season. Where did you learn to dance like that?
I learned to dance this way with my friends. Do you like it? We’re always dancing and it makes me feel happy, which is important.

Who’s the toughest opponent you’ve faced since arriving in England?
Javier Mascherano! He’s the hardest to play against. He’s so strong and he tackles with so much power. Of course, he’s from Argentina and I am Brazilian so maybe that is why! I’ve also had good battles with Steven Gerrard, Denilson and Cesc Fabregas. They’re all very good midfielders, but Mascherano is the toughest.

When will we see you hit the back of the net?
[laughs] Maybe one day I’ll score a goal! Perhaps a shot will fly in or somebody else’s will hit me on the way to goal, or maybe I’ll be allowed to take a penalty! Sure, I’m bothered about not scoring but what’s more important to me is that we win.

So how will you celebrate your first goal?
I think I’ll be so excited that I'll just do a lap of the pitch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home