Will Power

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fans Ask, Fletcher Answers

MUTV recently gave United fans the chance to put their questions to Darren Fletcher. Here are his answers...

Can you describe what it feels like to score in a big game at Old Trafford? - Debs, Middleton
It's great to score anytime, but it's a little bit more special to score in a big game because there is always such importance riding on them. They can sometimes make or break title runs or a team's season so to score in one of those games is special. It's difficult to explain the feeling - it's a combination of excitement and relief, and the emotions hit you all at once. That's why you see some crazy celebrations!

Who's the toughest midfielder you've played against? - Darren, Chorley
I always give the same answer to this question - Paul Scholes in training. I've improved over the years just from playing against him every day - his sharpness, passing, touch, everything about him is top quality and playing against him is not easy. I'm glad that I don't play for another team because I wouldn't want to come up against Scholesy.

How much has your life changed since having twins? - John, Urmston
It's changed totally for the better. It's been the best thing that's happened to me and I enjoy every minute of it. Looking after two two-year-olds can take your mind off football sometimes which is good for you. It can be hard work, but I'm loving every minute of being a dad.

How proud were you to captain your country for the first time and do you and Sir Alex chat much about the national team? - Ally, Mayfield
Captaining my country [against Estonia in May 2004] was a great moment. I was only 20 at the time, but it didn't feel like it was a burden. I relished the opportunity. I've been captain a few times since then and it's something I really enjoy. It's a proud moment every time you represent your country, but to captain them is even more special. Before international games the manager always wishes me good luck. He watches all the games and he always wants Scotland to do well.

Of all the trophies you've won which is your favourite and why? - Gaz, Mossley
I think my first Premier League title in 2006/07. We hadn't won it for a while - Arsenal had gone undefeated for a season and then Chelsea won it two years in a row so to win it back was great. It was my first league title and I'd played in the majority of the games so it was a brilliant feeling.

Describe yourself in just one sentence? - Mark, Manchester
[Ponders the question] That's a difficult one! Laid-back, enjoys his job playing for United and likes going home to his family after he's finished. It's a long sentence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home