Will Power

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Vucinic Shrugs Off United Talk

Mirko Vucinic has reiterated his desire to stay at Roma amid strong reports linking him with Manchester United.

The talented striker has emerged as a possible target for Sir Alex Ferguson as he begins his search to replace Real Madrid-bound Cristiano Ronaldo.

Reports in Italy suggest informal contact has been made between the clubs for the Montenegro forward but Vucinic, who recently signed a new four-year deal, is happy to stay at the capital club.

"It's certainly pleasing that a great club like that are interested in me," he told Corriere dello Sport. "But I have only heard about it from the newspapers.

"At the moment I'm only thinking about relaxing by the seaside with my family.

"I've just signed a new contract and I'd like to stay at Roma."

Roma reportedly refused a €22million offer from United last summer for Vucinic but, knowing they have to sell to buy, could accept €25million for the 25-year-old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home