Will Power

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Anderson: I Will Fight On

Brazilian Anderson been told to work harder in training by Sir Alex Ferguson, but the United midfielder has stressed that he wants to stay and fight for his first-team place.

The 21-year-old has only started one game this season - the defeat to Burnley last week - and clashed verbally with Ferguson after being left out of the team for the Community Shield against Chelsea at Wembley.

It is understood that Ferguson had not been enthused about Anderson's pre-season training, something he has vowed to put right. He told Sportsmail: ‘I believed that I would play in the Community Shield but that is forgotten now. I thought that, without Cristiano Ronaldo around, I would play more and that has been my challenge from pre-season onwards. But the coach decides the teams and to discuss this with him is foolish because he is the chief. I do not want to leave United. No. Sir Alex Ferguson has demanded a bigger effort from me and I accept that. Because to get in to this United team is very complicated and difficult for any player."
- Staff writer, Daily Mail -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home