Will Power

Friday, September 25, 2009

King Satisfied By Bow

Joshua King felt he acquitted himself well on his first senior outing against Wolves, even if he would have preferred to cap it with a goal.

The 17-year-old striker, rewarded with a call-up after a string of promising displays with the Reserves, looked the part in his 10-minute cameo, and he is hoping for more action over the remainder of the season.

"It's a big step up, obviously, but now I've just got to keep training hard and working hard and I might get a chance in the next Carling Cup game," he told MUTV. "It was a big day for me. I maybe should have scored, but I thought I did well.

"It's been good to play with the Reserves. Last season I was injured most of the time, so this time I've come back and stayed fit. Hopefully I'll stay fit further. I've been with the Reserves quite a bit this season, and I want to keep training hard and continue."

Nerves are inevitable for one of such tender years, but King admitted the presence of fellow Norwegian Magnus Eikrem on the subsitutes' bench proved helpful.

"It was quite nervy at the start, like when I found out yesterday I got a squad number and that I might be in the squad," he said. "But as soon as I went on the pitch the nerves flew away and I got on with it.

"Me and Magnus have got each other - it's a bit of help maybe. We support each other and he supported me when we knew I was going to get on. He told me to do well and it was good to have him with me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home