Will Power

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Evra Greets Draw

Patrice Evra gives us his view on the last 16 draw with Milan, and the prospect of playing against ex-Red David Beckham...

I think when we play against Milan they will be amazing and exciting games.

It’s not an easy draw because Milan have a lot of experience in the competition. We just need to remember what happened three years ago and make sure we use that experience to win the two games. I think we are ready to play against AC Milan.

I remember it was a very frustrating tie. We won 3-2 at home but we didn’t play very well. In the second game I was suspended and watched it on TV. It was very difficult to see my team lose 3-0 in that way. After that game we had more experience and we won the year after. We want to do the same again by using our experience. Now we are ready for that type of game.

I am happy for Beckham because he did a lot for Manchester United and I know he wanted to play again at Old Trafford. I will say welcome home to him but I will make sure he doesn’t have an easy game! I like him because I have met him and he is a good person, a real gentleman. He’s a professional and that is why Milan wanted him. I like that type of player and he has one of the best right feet in the world. However, I will make sure he has a bad game!

I’m sure all his old team-mates who are still here are looking forward to welcoming him back, but I’m looking forward more to playing against Milan rather than just David Beckham, because Milan are more than just one man. When we played Barcelona everyone was talking to me about Messi, but I was just thinking about their whole team. I’m happy for him but I will concentrate on winning the game.

We are confident that we can reach our third final in a row. Our aim is to win it every year. I remember my target was to win the Champions League at least three times in my career. I’ve already won it once but I’ve also lost two finals. I’m still upset at losing those finals, especially last year. I will try to use my anger to make sure we get there again, but this time go one better and come back with the trophy.

Patrice was talking to ManUtd.com, BBC Radio, PA Sport and Key 103.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home