Will Power

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rooney Targets Record Haul For Man. United

Wayne Rooney set his sets on beating his record of 23 goals in one season after scoring all of the goals in Manchester United's 4-0 win over Hull.

The 24-year-old's performance ensured United hit the Premier League summit, and he now has 19 goals this term.

He said: "It is the first time I have scored four times in a professional match and it is a great feeling.

"I am really proud of the achievement. It is something special. I'm confident of beating my best season at United."

Rooney added he would be "disappointed" if he did not beat his previous best tally for United.
"I've still got hopefully another 20 games to play, I won't be happy if I don't get more than 23," he added.


"The difference this season is that I've consciously been getting in the box more and trying to put myself in goalscoring situations."

Rooney becomes the first United player to hit four in a game since Ruud van Nistelrooy did it in a Champions League encounter with Sparta Prague in November 2004.

And his superb form has come at just the right time for the champions as they push to try and successfully defend their title.

England boss Fabio Capello will also be delighted to learn of Rooney's performance, which drew warm praise from beaten manager Phil Brown.

"I would have to say he is one of the best strikers in the world just now," said Brown.
"He is someone who is capable of making half chances into a great chance.


"When you see him in that form it certainly bodes well for England at the World Cup."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was also glowing in his analysis of the striker.

"Without doubt those four goals were the highlight for me," said Ferguson.

"He has been wanting to develop himself as a scorer and there were some terrific finishes today."

"He has always been a main player for us, from the moment he came to the club. He never gets left out."

Rooney's efforts were ably assisted by what was possibly Nani's best performance in three seasons since his £17m arrival from Sporting Lisbon.

And they took the focus away from fan protests at the club's ownership by the Glazer family, which has been put in the spotlight by confirmation United's debt is now in excess of £700m.

Pleas for unity from Ferguson in his programme notes went unheeded with noisy and regular anti-Glazer chants of varying degrees of vulgarity echoed around the ground.

"There was no dissent against the players," said Ferguson. "It did not have any effect at all."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It gets down to select a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home