Will Power

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Edwin Signs New Deal

Edwin van der has signed a new one-year contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until at least June 2011.

The 39-year-old Dutch goalkeeper has put pen-to-paper on the new deal, which takes him beyond his 40th birthday in October this year.

Sir Alex Ferguson is pleased to have secured the experienced shot-stopper's services for another 12 months.

“Edwin’s professionalism and dedication to his job and the way he looks after himself has given him the longevity in the game," the boss told ManUtd.com. "That longevity includes such great experience not just at United, but at Juventus, Ajax and on an international level. We are absolutely delighted he is continuing for another year."

Van der Sar is "delighted" to have signed for another year, and also thanked United for the compassion shown in helping him to deal with the recent illness of his wife.

"I still feel good and am enjoying my football," he told us. "This is a great club and I was shown a great deal of compassion and support during a difficult time in December and January for which I am extremely grateful. I am looking forward to winning more trophies with this great team."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices as regards the velcros were all over 240 bucks on every page. But definitively I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home