Will Power

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nani - I Never Wanted To Go

Nani says he never wanted to leave Manchester United during the difficult times he has experienced at Old Trafford.

The Portuguese winger had been tipped to move on from the Premier League champions during the January transfer window after a disappointing first half of the season.

He suffered with injury and poor form, and there were suggestions that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had finally lost patience with the 23-year-old.

However, Nani has impressed in starting United's last four matches and has displayed the ability that had seen him billed as Cristiano Ronaldo's long-term successor on the wing.

The former Sporting Lisbon youngster acknowledged he had suffered some low moments, but is adamant he never wanted to quit United.

"I never wanted to go," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"When you are feeling low and things aren't going well, you do feel alone and there have been times like that. But I never thought about quitting and going back to Portugal.

"I was in a bad position sometimes and it wasn't easy to get back up again. Of course, your confidence does suffer on occasions and you get down.

"But I have shown I don't get depressed too easily. I am a strong personality. If you are not a strong character then it will drag you down.

"I am not like that. I am sure I have the quality to be one of the best in the world. I can achieve that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home