Will Power

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rooney Eyes Historic Title

Wayne Rooney says Manchester United are firmly focused on becoming the first ever side to win four league titles in a row.

United are the only side to twice win three consecutive top-flight crowns, and they are now looking to make history.

Rooney is now hoping he can help United into the record books.

"I hope we can kick on and win the title," said Rooney.

"We've won the last three and nobody's won four in a row, so hopefully we can break the record.
"It's closer this year and more exciting.


"Chelsea and Arsenal are there. Liverpool have struggled but are a quality team and will be competing at the end of the season."

Rooney himself is enjoying a wonderful season and is already on 20 league goals - a career best.

"I've never really scored that many goals from inside the six-yard box over the years but I've been working on that - and thankfully it's starting to pay off," said Rooney.

"We did a test to see who had the hardest shot at Man United a couple of years ago and it was me and Scholesy.

"As a football fan, you like to see goals flying in from all over the place, but I've not really scored that many great goals. They've all been fairly similar!

"My favourite goal would be my second against Croatia at Euro 2004. I always like watching that goal.

"It was a good move, I played a one-two with Michael Owen, was one-on-one with the keeper and put it away. I remember the feeling afterwards. It felt like we could go on and win the competition."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home