Will Power

Monday, March 15, 2010

Berba Pleased To Help

Dimitar Berbatov takes as much pleasure from providing goals as scoring them, and insists he will happily forsake a spot on the scoresheet if he ends the season with more medals.

The Bulgarian striker created Wayne Rooney's second goal against Fulham and bagged the Reds' late third himself, but maintains that he is indifferent as to who gets the goals, so long as United achieve victory.

"I'm pleased," he told MUTV. "It's part of my job, to assist and to score, but if we win it doesn't matter if I score, as long as we are champions in the end. I preferred the second goal I gave to Wayne today than scoring (the third goal)."

Against Fulham, Berbatov headed home his 10th goal of the season in his 23rd start in all competitions, while Rooney reached 32 goals from 36 starts. The pair's fruitful partnership will be key over the remainder of the campaign, and Berbatov expects the England international to extend his unstoppable form.

"I think Wayne can go over 40 goals," he said. "We have plenty of games till the season is over so I wish him luck and we're all going to help him to go over the 40 line.

"I think at the moment he is the best (in the world). He is still so young so he has chances to become even greater. Like I've told him many times, just stay healthy and he can achieve everything."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home