Will Power

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hargreaves: I Have Plenty Left In Me

It may have only been a fleeting appearance, but Owen Hargreaves' return to action for the final seconds of United's victory at Sunderland marked the completion of a long and frustrating journey for the midfielder.

Up until Sunday, Hargreaves had not been seen in a United shirt since September 2008 following double knee surgery to cure a tendonitis problem.

The 29-year-old admits the experience has been a tough one, but he is delighted to be back and feels he has plenty left in the tank yet.

"I’ve missed two seasons and I’m disappointed about that. But I’m 29 and hopefully I’ve got another six to eight years left in me," insisted Hargreaves at United's Player of the Year awards.

"Being out for so long is obviously not something I would have envisaged myself going through. It’s been a learning experience and I try and take the positives from it.

"It was short [against Sunderland] but obviously I’m looking forward to next season. We’ve got our last game this weekend [against Stoke] and hopefully I’ll play a bit again, and then hopefully get ready to attack next season.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home