Will Power

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vidic Pens New Contract

Nemanja Vidic has signed a new four-year contract, keeping him at Manchester United until at least June 2014.

The news comes four weeks after the club issued a statement making public both its and the player's desire for Vidic to remain at Old Trafford. At that stage, however, the deal was merely agreed. The Serbian defender has now put pen to paper to cement his long-term future.

Vidic, who has made 188 appearances since joining United in January 2006, told ManUtd.com: "I am very happy to sign this contract. I came to this club when I was young and have developed enormously with the help of the manager, coaching staff and my team-mates.

"During my time here we have had a lot of success and I look forward to continuing that success in the coming seasons."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson told ManUtd.com he was delighted Nemanja had committed his future to the club.

"This kills all the silly speculation over the past few months," he said. "Nemanja has developed into one of the best centre-halves in Europe and we are pleased he will be here for many years to come."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home