Will Power

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hernandez: I'm Not A Hero

Javier Hernandez refused to bask in the spotlight following United's trip to Stoke, despite scoring both of United's goals at the Britannia Stadium.

Instead, the Mexican striker was adamant any plaudits should be shared by his team-mates.

"It was a good goal," he said of his ingenius first, a back-header to send the Reds into the lead, "but the most important thing is that there are no heroes – it’s all about the effort of the team.

"[For the goal], I jumped and saw the ball was behind me. I just tried to head the ball towards goal and thanks to God it went in."

Hernandez has settled well since arriving at Old Trafford in the summer. He's bagged five goals in 10 appearances, including four in his last five games. Again, though, he was reluctant to take any credit for the stunning start to his Reds career.

"This is down to my team-mates," he insisted. "They have trust in me, and also the staff. It’s an unbelievable opportunity for me to play with the biggest team in the world, Manchester United. I’m working hard because I want to stay here a long time and win lots of trophies."

The 22-year-old's goals at Stoke earned United a first away win in the league this term and catapulted the Reds from sixth to second (at the final whistle) in the Premier League.

"We’ve had a lot of draws this season so we’re very happy with the result today," Hernandez said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home