Will Power

Thursday, November 18, 2010

De Laet Heads To Deepdale

Ritchie De Laet has joined Championship side Preston North End on a 28-day emergency loan.

The young Belgian defender, who'll wear the no.23 shirt, joins fellow United youngster Matty James at Deepdale, although Joshua King, who had also been at the club, has returned to United after his deal expired on 14 November.

This is De Laet’s second loan spell of the season, following his month-long stay at Sheffield United where he made six appearances. The 21-year-old told the Preston North End website he's looking forward to playing first-team football.

"I want some games and I'm not getting them at United at the moment," he said. "The best thing for me is to go out on loan, get some games and help Preston. Hopefully Preston will be able to help me as well.

"I need the experience in games and I'm just happy Preston have given me the opportunity to do this."

Preston, managed by Sir Alex’s son Darren Ferguson, currently lie bottom of the Championship and face a tricky trip this Saturday to high-fliers Queens Park Rangers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home