Will Power

Friday, January 28, 2011

Berba Has More In His Locker

Dimitar Berbatov is in the midst of his finest spell of form since a £30.75million move from Tottenham Hotspur in 2008, and yet the Bulgarian striker still believes the pinnacle of his career lies in the months and years ahead at Old Trafford.

Berbatov turns 30 on Sunday and has already retired from international football, but having already reached the 20-goal mark for the season – 19 of those coming in the league – his form suggests he could well be right.

Asked if this is the best he will play, he responded: “I hope not. I hope my best form is in the future. I think I am still to play the best games of my life in a Manchester United shirt.”

His goals have fired United to the top of the league and a five-point advantage over nearest challengers Arsenal, six points ahead of Manchester City with a game in hand and ten points better off than fourth-placed Chelsea.

But he is not getting carried away, either with his own form or United’s seemingly healthy position. He told ESPN: “I just look to my next game, then the next game, until the end of the league when I hope that we will be on the top.

“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home