Will Power

Friday, March 18, 2011

Chicharito Puts Trophies First

In-form striker Javier Hernandez claims he is not concerned about his personal goal tally as he bids for glory on three fronts with the ‘best team in the world’.

The bargain signing from CD Guadalajara in Mexico made it 16 goals in 33 appearances and five in his last five games with the match-winning double against Marseille on Tuesday.

With fit-again Antonio Valencia able to increase the supply line to the Mexican marksman, he is emerging as a serious contender to top the United scoring charts in his debut season at Old Trafford. Dimitar Berbatov currently leads the way with 20 goals in all competitions.

“Of course I’m very happy to score," said Chicharito. "As a striker, it gives me a lot of confidence but I don’t care if I keep scoring or not because my first goal is to win the three tournaments we are playing in.

“I always say I am in the best team in the world. I didn’t expect to play as much so I need to thank my team-mates, the coaching staff and God above all for the fact things are going so well for me. My goals are down to the work of the whole team.”

Hernandez feels strength in depth will prove important as United face a gruelling schedule at home and in Europe following progression in the FA Cup and Champions League over the past week.

“I’m very happy we are in three tournaments. It’s very difficult but we want to win all of them.

“Like I always say, if we want to win the Champions League, we need to beat all the teams.

“We know it’s a very strange season with all the injuries but we need to be ready - all of the players. We are going to miss some players through injury but we want to win all three of the tournaments.”

Javier Hernandez was speaking to MUTV and UEFA.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home