Will Power

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Berbatov Confirms United Stay

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has confirmed he is staying this summer and will at the very least see out his Old Trafford contract.

The ex-Tottenham marksman played a key role for The Red Devils this season after scoring an impressive 21 Premier League goals.

The Bulgarian, who joined in 2008, has one more year on his United contract and he insists he has no plans to leave before it expires.

Berbatov is delighted to become a champion once again after helping Sir Alex Ferguson's side to title glory in the 2008/09 campaign and has set his sights on winning the title as well next season.

United could become champions of Europe with success over Barcelona in Saturday's UEFA Champions League final and Berbatov is not writing off their hopes of an upset.

"I have a contract for one more year and I will go nowhere," explained Berbatov.

"Now I am part of United's 19th title and I want to be part of the 20th, that's my plan.

"I am the happiest man in the team because I'm a champion and top goalscorer in the league.

"To win 19 titles is a fantastic achievement.

"I expect to win against Barcelona. Everybody thinks the Spaniards are favourites but nobody knows who will win."