Will Power

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Anders Enjoying Tour

Anders Lindegaard hopes his displays on tour have given Sir Alex Ferguson food for thought for the new season.

The Dane kept a clean sheet in his first-half run-out against the MLS All-Stars on Wednesday night, just as he did in the 7-0 rout of Seattle Sounders.

And the 27-year-old, who has already declared his intention to challenge United’s other keepers for the number one spot, is pleased with how he has performed in the USA.

“I've enjoyed every second of the tour and my time on the field so far,” he told MUTV. “It was important to win and important to get a clean sheet. I was a little bit busier than I wanted to be but it's my job, so that's OK.

“I said before the season that it's going to be extremely important, especially for the goalkeepers, to play well in the US, and I'm satisfied with my own performances so far.”

Lindegaard denied David Beckham an equaliser in the Red Bull Arena when he tipped over the former Reds midfielder’s free-kick midway through the first half.

Beckham insisted: “It was close and though it would have been nice if it had gone in, I still wouldn't have celebrated.

“It's a great occasion to play in this beautiful stadium in front of these passionate fans. Playing in front of United fans is always emotional but it was a tough night for us.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home