Will Power

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

De Gea's Learning Curve


David de Gea is learning to communicate with his new team-mates as he adapts to life at United.

The summer signing from Atletico Madrid made his Reds bow in the 3-1 win against Chicago Fire, pulling off a superb, instinctive stop just before half-time to prevent the champions from falling further behind.

After an accomplished performance that drew praise from Sir Alex, de Gea is working hard to ensure he fits in quickly ahead of the new season with the manager promising he will play in the Community Shield against City.

"I'm slowly getting used to life here," he said in an exclusive interview with MUTV. "I look forward to learning very quickly.

"There's some players I can speak to. Some of them speak a bit of Spanish and I'm learning English little-by-little and communicating better with the team.

"It's difficult but I'm young and, in a few months, when I've learned some English, I will be able to communicate perfectly with the others.

"We are missing Chicharito and Antonio Valencia, which will make life easier for me."

Javier Hernandez has now linked up with the squad ahead of the clash with MLS All-Stars while Valencia is recovering from an ankle injury sustained on Copa America duty with Ecuador.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home