Will Power

Friday, July 15, 2011

Young Had No Nerves

Ashley Young has stressed he had no nerves about pulling on the United shirt for the first time.

The summer signing from Aston Villa made an encouraging start to his Reds career and earned praise afterwards from manager Sir Alex Ferguson for his crossing ability.

After playing his part in the 4-1 success against New England Revolution, the England international was pleased to begin learning how to get on his team-mates' wavelength.

"No, there weren't any nerves," he told MUTV. "I've gone into the game as I normally do, playing the normal same way. I've done that again tonight. I wasn't nervous at all.

"It's a pre-season game and about fitness and I'll build on this. Of course, it's always a nice feeling putting on a Manchester United shirt."

Young is looking forward to more game-time on the tour as the squad heads across to Seattle.

"It felt good," he enthused. "I couldn't wait to get out there and make my debut.

I'm delighted to have made it and get a good run-out under my belt. I wanted to build my confidence and get to know the players even more and I felt I did that.

"As a winger, you want to set up the strikers and midfielders and I felt I've done that tonight. The strikers were great, especially in the second half, to finish the game off.

"Of course, it's down to the manager who picks the team but it's all about fitness at the end of the day. The next few games are about preparing ourselves well for the season ahead."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home