Will Power

Friday, August 12, 2011

Nani Hails Best Game Ever

Nani feels he's hit top form after declaring Sunday's man-of-the-match performance in the Community Shield as his best-ever.

The Portugal winger came off the bench in his country's 5-0 demolition of Luxembourg on Wednesday and is in confident mood ahead of the season opener against West Brom.

After having to deal with speculation about interest from Italy all summer, the former Sporting Lisbon star believes the the fact he is settled at United is enabling him to fulfil his enormous potential.

"I think it's fantastic because it is always a big derby," he told RTPN, when asked about last weekend. "We were losing 2-0 but we came back to get the result.

"We played an excellent game and I scored two goals. I came out of there very happy and I think that was my best game ever because it was a final and because it gave us a trophy.

"I always give my best, I'm fine and I want to stay that way until the end of the season."

As regards the talk of interest from Inter Milan and Juventus, he was happy to once again quash any talk of moving away from Old Trafford.

"I am very well there," he said of United. "I think it's the best club in the world and want to stay there and work well.

"It's good to know that big clubs are interested in me but, right now, I'm very satisfied with my club and I want to continue with them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home