Will Power

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chicha's Senior Moment

At 23 years of age and with one season at Old Trafford under his belt, Javier Hernandez could hardly be classed as a veteran member of the United squad.

But the latest crop of talented young Reds breaking into the team are making even the Mexican striker feel like one of the old heads.

In the 8-2 demolition of Arsenal last weekend, Sir Alex fielded David De Gea (20), Chris Smalling (21), Phil Jones (19), Tom Cleverley (21) and Danny Welbeck (20).

Hernandez told MUTV: "Many of our players are between 19 and 21 years of age, then me, [Jonny] Evans and Ando [Anderson] are 23 so we feel older!

"The younger players run a little more and want to show why they are in the team, and that can only be good for us.

"But it’s great because there are other players here with lots of experience too."

Chicharito is feeling his way back into action after a two-month rest period and made his second substitute appearance of the season so far against the Gunners.

He has set no specific targets for his second campaign at Old Trafford but says his general aims with the Reds will always be the same.

"To improve, keep learning and to enjoy myself," he declared. "Hopefully in 10 years I’ll still be here and saying the same thing, because this life – playing for United – is a dream for me, and I just want to keep enjoying it and working hard."

After only three games, the Barclays Premier League has taken an international break but Chicharito is not concerned.

The frontman is set to feature in Mexico’s two friendlies, against Poland in Warsaw on Friday and Chile in Barcelona on Sunday.

"It’s a bit strange but I don’t mind – whether I’m playing with United or Mexico, I love it," Hernandez said.

"And Mexico have two games here in Europe, which helps me as I don’t need to take long flights."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home