Will Power

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Evra: We Must Improve

Patrice Evra has warned United must improve and not "rush things" despite racking up a fifth Barclays Premier League win on the spin against Chelsea.

Although pleased to skipper the champions to an important triumph over major title rivals, the left-back was far from satisfied with the overall team performance.

"Maybe for the first time, we didn't control all the game," he explained to MUTV. "Five wins is a good start but I always want more. I'm happy to win but I hope in the next league game, against Stoke, we create more and not try to rush things.

"I think we tried to rush things and gave the ball away too easily. It's why I'm not so happy. I'm happy because there's a lot of positive things and we scored three times against Chelsea but, if we want to win the league and win every game, we have to perform better than on Sunday."

Evra admitted it was a strange match to play in as both sides spurned glorious chances to add to the 3-1 scoreline.

"It was a great game to watch for the fans," he added. "But it's the first time I've played against Chelsea and seen an open game like that. It was a very funny game but, in the end, we won. We were lucky to be in front 3-0 at half-time so I said to the players: 'Forget the first half and try to play like a team in the second half'.

"It was like a boxing fight, I give you and you give me back. It was really strange. I have a lot of respect for Chelsea. People talk about City and us but I always say Chelsea are our most difficult opponents as you can see. They didn't come here just to defend but they attacked and looked to score goals and create chances. I couldn't believe the goal didn't go in from Fernando Torres. Maybe God was with us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home