Will Power

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chicha: Team Comes First

Javier Hernandez was delighted to net the equalizer in United’s 1-1 draw with Liverpool, but insists the overall team performance is more important than his own personal achievement.

Chicharito salvaged a well-deserved point at Anfield, coming off the bench to head home on 81 minutes following an excellent flick-on from strike partner Danny Welbeck. And the Mexican explained why the strike was better than his last at Anfield.

“It was a very tight game. I think they opened up a little bit more when the second-half started, created chances and scored a goal. But then the game opened up even more and we managed to score a goal too.

“The goal meant a little bit more than the last one I scored here as we lost 3-1 that day. A lot of my team-mates have told me about the atmosphere when playing at Anfield. The fans are great wherever we play but here it was very special.

“But the most important thing is to help my team and my team-mates. There are no heroes in this team and we all want to help, it doesn’t matter who scores the goals. We know it is a very important point but I don’t feel like a hero. I scored the goal but United scores overall.”

The Reds striker has endured a stuttered start to the campaign whilst suffering from a plethora of injuries, though he is keen to impress now fully fit.

“I want to do my best in every game. Having injuries is part of the game, there are always good and bad moments, but we need to be ready, enjoy it and do my best for the team.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home