Will Power

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fletcher Taking It Steady

Darren Fletcher has confirmed that his health is improving, but stresses that he is keen to avoid rushing a return to action.

The midfielder has been given an indefinite break from training and playing in a bid to overcome ulcerative colitis, a chronic bowel inflammation, and gave an update on his health as a special guest on Sky Sports.

"I'm still on the medication, I'm still not training, but slowly but surely I'm getting better," he confirmed. "I'm not putting a timescale on it (a comeback), I think that's the best thing. With the condition it's hard to tell.

"I want to be 100 percent when I come back. I think I've tried before when that's not been the case and it's proven very difficult, so this time I want to make sure I'm 100 percent, which is going to benefit Scotland and Manchester United."

The Scottish international has been working with Warren Joyce's Reserves in recent weeks, but admits that he has been longing to make a return to action.

"I'm in every day helping Warren Joyce with the Reserve team and enjoying the experience," he said. "It's great to pass on some knowledge to the younger players.

"I'm not a good fan watching at home. The further you are away from the action, I think you find it more difficult. I've been at home quite a lot watching it on TV, and only recently been able to feel fit enough to come to the games."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home